Monday 12 April 2010

Sometimes the most insane people are the most inspiring

Last night I had the Sunday insomnia. I know I should be asleep, I know I have to be up early for work, and I know the reason I can't sleep is because I have been up until 2am all weekend but dam it's annoying.

So I am sat in my room tossing and turning thinking of god knows what when I thought it was about time I gave up and just watched some T.V. Well the problem with that idea is that I have a crappy little analogue T.V. with only 4 channels and therefore little choice of programming. But, BBC iplayer was there to help me, woo! After a few minutes of searching I found an unbelievably great programme called "The man who cycled the Americas".

The programme follows a Scotsman called Mark Beaumont as he cycles from Alaska down to Argentina. He had some training though because he'd previously broken a world record for cycling the world.

Anyway, I watched two of the three episodes and intend to watch the last one tonight after having a little run. Mark Beaumont has inspired me to exercise on a Monday, now that is impressive. Now go and watch him cycle through some of the most demanding terrains the world has to offer, and to pass some of the most poor and dangerous cities the world has to offer by following the links below.

Bye for now.

For my British readers you can watch the show here =

Episode 1 - http://bbc.co.uk/i/rqgh6/

Episode 2 - http://bbc.co.uk/i/rt7ss/

Episode 3 - http://bbc.co.uk/i/rs2l8/

For my readers overseas you can watch a snippet on youtube -

No comments:

Post a Comment